Do you love spinach dip but hate the terrible after-effects? This is by far the tastiest spinach dip I’ve ever had. And as a nice bonus, it’s super easy to make. Plus its completely dairy-free!
Dairy-Free Spinach Dip Ingredients:
- 16 oz. bag of fresh spinach (if you are undermethylated, you need to be mindful of folate, so use arugula or kale and be sure to steam the kale first)
- 1 small sweet onion
- *2 cups raw organic almonds that have been soaked overnight in filtered, salted water, then rinsed well
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons unrefined salt (you can add more to reach desired taste level)
- 1/2 habanero or jalapeno pepper (you can also use Serrano if you want it milder)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Dairy-Free Spinach Dip Instructions:
- Almond Cheese
Blend almonds, water and lemon juice in a high-speed blender (or food processor) then add salt, pepper and olive oil. Blend until smooth. Almond cheese makes a perfect base for other recipes and is wonderful on its own too.
- Coarsely chop onion and spinach and fold into almond cheese. Make the night before and let sit in the refrigerator to bring out the flavors.
*This recipe is not appropriate for those with copper toxicity.
As always, let me know how it turns out in the comments below!