Do you love spinach dip but hate the terrible after-effects? This is by far the tastiest spinach dip I’ve ever had. And as a nice bonus, it’s super easy to make. Plus it’s completely dairy-free!
Dairy-Free Spinach Dip Ingredients:
- 16 oz. bag of fresh spinach (if you are undermethylated, you need to be mindful of folate, so use arugula or kale and be sure to steam the kale first)
- 1 small sweet onion
- *2 cups raw organic almonds that have been soaked overnight in filtered, salted water, then rinsed well
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons unrefined salt (you can add more to reach desired taste level)
- 1/2 habanero or jalapeno pepper (you can also use Serrano if you want it milder)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Dairy-Free Spinach Dip Instructions:
- Almond Cheese
Blend almonds, water and lemon juice in a high-speed blender (or food processor) then add salt, pepper and olive oil. Blend until smooth. Almond cheese makes a perfect base for other recipes and is wonderful on its own too.
- Coarsely chop onion and spinach and fold into almond cheese. Make the night before and let sit in the refrigerator to bring out the flavors.
*This recipe is not appropriate for those with copper toxicity.
As always, let me know how it turns out in the comments below!
It’s Not Your Fault You Feel The Way You Do!
Get my free ebook and learn why feeling crappy isn’t your fault. You will also receive regular emails from me with tips, advice, interviews, and recipes. Leave your name and email and I’ll send you a free copy.