Grain, Dairy and Nut-Free Pizza.
These days you’d be hard-pressed to find anyone on the planet that doesn’t love pizza. The problem is the inflammatory response for most people. Despite being free of grains, my crust is actually quite flavorful and easy to make.
Grain, Dairy and Nut-Free Pizza Ingredients:
For The Crust
- 1 small head cauliflower cut into florets (if you have a large head, just make 2), wash and pat dry
- Food processor with S blade or large cheese grater
- Pizza stone or large cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning mix (I like Spicely brand)
- Coconut oil or spray for cooking and greasing the parchment paper
- Large skillet
- Large dish towel
- Large mixing bowl
For the Toppings
The options are limitless here. I just used heirloom tomatoes, fresh basil, kalamata olives and raw goat cheese (omit if intolerant). Improvise and have fun. You don’t have to use a sauce (I didn’t), but you can if you wish. Pesto and marinara are both good choices.
Grain, Dairy and Nut Free Pizza Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Pulse or grate cauliflower to rice like consistency, not mushy (this is very important)
- Preheat skillet with coconut oil on medium heat and add grated cauliflower
- Cook until tender, about 10 minutes (some folks use a microwave, I don’t
- Transfer to dish towel and let cool
- Twist to wring out water (this is important so the dough stays together)
- Add to mixing bowl along with flour, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and egg
- Fold in mixture and transfer to greased parchment lined cookie sheet or pizza stone
- Mold into a round crust
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown
Add toppings, throw back in the oven for another 5 minutes, serve and enjoy!
My cauliflower crust also makes a great substitute for pitas and wraps.
As always, I’d love to know how your pizza turns out. Let me know in the comments below!