EP 32: Post-Concussion Syndrome Healing and Recovery with Dr. Titus Chiu
When you think of a concussion, do you picture a football player passed out on the field or someone who hit their head in a car accident?
It may surprise you to learn that a concussion doesn’t have to be from a direct blow to the head or include losing consciousness.
So what defines a concussion?
Anything that jostles the brain can cause a concussion. And symptoms can be more than just headaches and light sensitivity.
In fact, many people struggle for years before they realize they’ve had a concussion and are dealing with a wide variety of debilitating physical, mental and emotional symptoms related to Post-Concussion Syndrome.
For years, today’s guest struggled with many vague health issues, such as mild depression, lack of motivation, low energy, and brain fog to name a few.
The breaking point was after he got into a horrible car accident that nearly cost him his life, which led to his calling as a functional neurologist and the realization that he’d had a series of concussions prior to that almost fatal accident.
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- What a concussion really is and common symptoms that you might not know about.
- How Post-Concussion Syndrome symptoms can continue to develop long after the original injury.
- Why symptoms vary widely and encompass so many aspects of physical, mental, and emotional health.
- Why a holistic approach to symptoms is key to targeting treatment for the specific areas of the brain that have been injured by a concussion.
- How learning to activate your vagus nerve plays a role in healing from concussion.
Dr. Titus Chiu is a functional neurologist who has been passionately teaching people how to fix their brains since the day he healed his own broken brain. He is also an award-winning speaker and the bestselling author of BrainSAVE.
Dr. Chiu helps high achievers go from surviving to thriving after concussion by empowering them with the most up-to-date tools and resources needed to take control of their brains.
Learn more about Dr. Titus Chiu:
- Brain Save
- BrainSAVE: The 6-Week Plan to Heal Your Brain from Concussions, Brain Injuries & Trauma without Drugs or Surgery
1 thought on “EP 32: Post-Concussion Syndrome Healing and Recovery with Dr. Titus Chiu”
l took a capsule for Stress, my husband bought them for me.
Unfortunately, 1 hour later l was in agony.
After just 2 hours at home l was experiencing so much pain l could barely move without support
from my husband that helped me to the car.
He took me to an emergency room last night, (xmas eve) they had to put an IV in me and strong pain meds to stop the pain. Turns out that just 1 capsule caused Gastric Acidosis and l have never experienced anything like this before.
The contents were Ashwagandha and Lemon Balm.
He is planning to take them back to the store to warn them, so not to harm others.
Please read the contents before taking anything that’s supposed to be healthy.