When you think of a concussion, do you picture a football player passed out on the field or someone who hit their head in a car accident?
It may surprise you to learn that a concussion doesn’t have to be from a direct blow to the head or include losing consciousness.
So what defines a concussion?
Anything that jostles the brain can cause a concussion. And symptoms can be more than just headaches and light sensitivity.
In fact, many people struggle for years before they realize they’ve had a concussion and are dealing with a wide variety of debilitating physical, mental and emotional symptoms related to Post-Concussion Syndrome.
For years, today’s guest struggled with many vague health issues, such as mild depression, lack of motivation, low energy, and brain fog to name a few.
The breaking point was after he got into a horrible car accident that nearly cost him his life, which led to his calling as a functional neurologist and the realization that he’d had a series of concussions prior to that almost fatal accident.
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- What a concussion really is and common symptoms that you might not know about.
- How Post-Concussion Syndrome symptoms can continue to develop long after the original injury.
- Why symptoms vary widely and encompass so many aspects of physical, mental, and emotional health.
- Why a holistic approach to symptoms is key to targeting treatment for the specific areas of the brain that have been injured by a concussion.
- How learning to activate your vagus nerve plays a role in healing from concussion.
Dr. Titus Chiu is a functional neurologist who has been passionately teaching people how to fix their brains since the day he healed his own broken brain. He is also an award-winning speaker and the bestselling author of BrainSAVE.
Dr. Chiu helps high achievers go from surviving to thriving after concussion by empowering them with the most up-to-date tools and resources needed to take control of their brains.
Learn more about Dr. Titus Chiu:
- Brain Save
- BrainSAVE: The 6-Week Plan to Heal Your Brain from Concussions, Brain Injuries & Trauma without Drugs or Surgery