In part two of our discussion, Danielle Valoras returns to dig into the science behind breast implants, why they cause some women to develop symptoms of Breast Implant Illness, and what we can do to hold the FDA, manufacturers and surgeons accountable.
Despite increasing evidence that breast implants can and do cause complications and immune responses for many women, too many providers still dismiss their concerns.
If you’re experiencing a shift in your health and wellbeing following breast implant surgery, know that you are not alone. It is not all in your head. And there are compassionate providers out there who will help you navigate your choices so you can get your life back.
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- How breast implants interact with your immune system, regardless of if you develop symptoms.
- Why rupture isn’t the only risk factor for breast implant contents to get into your system.
- How even small amounts of platinum leaching from an implant impact your GI tract.
- Why even saline implants expose you to silicone.
- Diagnostics to ask for and a functional medicine approach if you think your implants may be impacting your health.
Danielle Valoras is a certified physician assistant and founder of NavWell RX, an integrative health practice.
She is also the originator of the Breast Implant Health Summit, a global initiative for education and better health for those with breast implants. Danielle brings over 20 years of experience in medical research and education to her clients.
She specializes in Psycho-Neuro-Endocrine-Immunology (P.N.E.I.), a burgeoning field that investigates the link between the nervous, endocrine and immune systems in relation to physical health.
For the last five years, Danielle’s mission has been to inform, treat and advocate for women who have been diagnosed with breast implant illness and other implantable device-related issues.
Learn more about Danielle Valoras, PA-C:
- Silicone-Induced Granuloma of Breast Implant Capsule (SIGBIC): Histopathology and Radiological Correlation, Eduardo de Faria Castro Fleury, Gabriel Salum D’Alessandro, and Sheila Cristina Lordelo Wludarski
It’s Not Your Fault You Feel The Way You Do!
Get my free ebook and learn why feeling crappy isn’t your fault. You will also receive regular emails from me with tips, advice, interviews, and recipes. Leave your name and email and I’ll send you a free copy.