EP 48: How to Support Your Extreme Picky Eater with Jenny Friedman, MS, RD
If you’re a parent with an extreme picky eater, meals can be an incredibly frustrating experience.
Which is why today, I’m talking with Jenny Friedman about picky eating, food aversions, and how parents can better understand and navigate supporting their picky eaters and take some of the stress out of mealtimes.
Jenny Friedman, MS, RD, is a registered dietitian who specializes in pediatric extreme picky eating. Known for her playful and approachable style. Jenny is a leading resource for parents and professionals working with children who struggle to eat. She is the author of Stories of Extreme Picky Eating and shares her insight on her website and blog.
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- How the “clean plate club” mentality or bargaining around foods can backfire
- Ways to help your picky eater feel comfortable and confident in trying new foods
- Why your child needs consistent meal and snack times
- How playing with food can help kids engage with uncomfortable textures or sensations on their own terms
- How to model healthy eating for older kids