Can you believe Thanksgiving is only a week away?
Ditch the blood sugar roller coaster ride this holiday usually brings and instead opt for healthy (and equally yummy) versions of your favorite comfort foods. I love cauliflower because it’s flavor profile can go sweet or savory, and its unique texture can easily be manipulated to allow for a wide array of comfort food substitutes.
Rosemary Cauliflower Mash Ingredients:
- 1 large head organic cauliflower (if you can find orange cauliflower you’ll increase your vitamin A content 25 times over white varieties)
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 sprig fresh organic rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic grass-fed ghee
For a hint of creamy sweetness, add 2 parsnips (wash, peel and chop, you can steam them along with the cauliflower, omit if undermethylated)
Rosemary Cauliflower Mash Instructions:
- Remove stalk and leaves
- Wash and steam for 15 minutes
- Transfer to food processor with salt, rosemary, garlic and butter.
- Process to creamy consistency
- Transfer to a beautiful serving dish and enjoy!
Cheers to truly enjoying dinner this year rather than being sprawled out on the couch with your pants unzipped!