Can you believe Thanksgiving is only a week away?
Ditch the blood sugar roller coaster ride this holiday usually brings and instead opt for healthy (and equally yummy) versions of your favorite comfort foods. I love cauliflower because it’s flavor profile can go sweet or savory, and its unique texture can easily be manipulated to allow for a wide array of comfort food substitutes.
Rosemary Cauliflower Mash Ingredients:
- 1 large head organic cauliflower (if you can find orange cauliflower you’ll increase your vitamin A content 25 times over white varieties)
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 sprig fresh organic rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic grass-fed ghee
For a hint of creamy sweetness, add 2 parsnips (wash, peel and chop, you can steam them along with the cauliflower, omit if undermethylated)
Rosemary Cauliflower Mash Instructions:
- Remove stalk and leaves
- Wash and steam for 15 minutes
- Transfer to food processor with salt, rosemary, garlic and butter.
- Process to creamy consistency
- Transfer to a beautiful serving dish and enjoy!
Cheers to truly enjoying dinner this year rather than being sprawled out on the couch with your pants unzipped!
It’s Not Your Fault You Feel The Way You Do!
Get my free ebook and learn why feeling crappy isn’t your fault. You will also receive regular emails from me with tips, advice, interviews, and recipes. Leave your name and email and I’ll send you a free copy.