Fennel, Celery and Apple Salad
I love fennel.
It contains its own unique combination of phytonutrients—including the flavonoids rutin, quercitin, anethole, and various kaempferol glycosides—that give it strong antioxidant properties.
Studies document that the anethole in fennel has repeatedly been shown to reduce inflammation. It’s also a great source of vitamin C, fiber, folate and potassium, all needed for cardiovascular and colon health.
Fennel is crunchy and slightly sweet, making it a refreshing partner with apple and celery.
This salad makes a wonderful side dish to salmon. Be sure to use organic whenever possible.
Fennel, Celery and Apple Salad Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2/3 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 stalks celery, with leaves – stalks thinly sliced, leaves chopped
- 2 large apples, peeled, quartered, cored & thinly sliced (gala and jazz are nice)
- 2 small fennel bulbs, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds
Fennel, Celery and Apple Salad Instructions:
- Blend lemon juice and honey, then whisk in extra virgin olive oil.
- Combine celery, celery leaves, apples and fennel in large bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
Enjoy and let me know how it turns out in the comment below!
4 thoughts on “Fennel, Celery and Apple Salad”
This salad is so yummy in spring & summer!
It sure is!
Also, I like to be able to share the info. with the hard science or Ancient knowledge sources. Thx!
I grow it!
Can you cite the acutal studies? I need to find out if the properties are also found in the seeds and frawns or not. Thank You!