When embarking on a healing journey, I find simple is best. This does not mean without taste. In fact, I have found the simplest of dishes to be the most flavorful and beneficial at the same time.
Zucchini Chicken Soup Ingredients:
- 2 large zucchini, scrubbed and chopped
- 2 shallots or 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 4 cups free-range, organic, chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup organic coconut milk (substitute with homemade rice milk if copper toxic, or omit all together)
- 3 organic chicken breasts, baked and cubed
- Ghee for cooking
Zucchini Chicken Soup Instructions:
- Melt 2 tablespoons ghee in a large pot and sauté zucchini and shallot or onion until soft, about 12 minutes.
- Pour in broth and bring to a boil, then cover, add thyme, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Using a hand-held immersion blender, purée the soup until silky smooth.
- Stir in the coconut or rice milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add salt. Taste and adjust seasoning (you may require a bit more salt).
- Add cubed chicken breasts, stir and enjoy!
As always, let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments below.