My Zucchini Chicken Soup is the perfect addition when embarking on a healing journey, I find simple is best. This does not mean without taste. In fact, I have found the simplest of dishes to be the most flavorful and beneficial at the same time.
Zucchini Chicken Soup Ingredients:
- 2 large zucchini, scrubbed and chopped
- 2 shallots or 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 4 cups free-range, organic, chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup organic coconut milk (if intolerant to coconut milk, use homemade rice milk)
- 3 organic chicken breasts, baked and cubed
- Ghee for cooking
Zucchini Chicken Soup Instructions:
- Melt 2 tablespoons ghee in a large pot and sauté zucchini and shallot or onion until soft, about 12 minutes.
- Pour in broth and bring to a boil, then cover, add thyme, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Using a hand-held immersion blender, purée the soup until silky smooth.
- Stir in the coconut or rice milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add salt. Taste and adjust seasoning (you may require a bit more salt).
- Add cubed chicken breasts, stir and enjoy!
As always, let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments below.
It’s Not Your Fault You Feel The Way You Do!
Get my free ebook and learn why feeling crappy isn’t your fault. You will also receive regular emails from me with tips, advice, interviews, and recipes. Leave your name and email and I’ll send you a free copy.