My chicken, apple and strawberry salad is refreshing and light and makes a wonderful springtime lunch.
An extremely versatile fruit, the strawberry is great in salads, desserts, and with proteins. They’re also perfect in smoothies and as a snack. Since they are number one on the Environmental Working Group’s Dirty Dozen list (the highest in pesticide residue), be sure to buy them organic. Depending on where you live, they’re in season late April through August.
Chicken, Apple and Strawberry Salad Ingredients:
- 6 cups bibb lettuce
- 1 large cooked organic chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced Granny Smith apple
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Amaranth microgreens as a garnish
Chicken, Apple and Strawberry Salad Instructions:
- Divide the lettuce, chicken, strawberries, apple, and shallot between two large plates.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the salads.
- Top with amaranth microgreens and enjoy!
Be sure to let me know how it turns out for you in the comments below!