Spring is officially here! I love this time of year. The air is still crisp in the morning and the flowers are starting to show us all their pretty colors. It’s still a good season for soup, and my French-inspired, chicken pea soup is super easy to make and uses delicate bibb lettuce as a finishing touch.
Chicken Pea Soup Ingredients:
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 large cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup organic frozen baby peas
- 1 cup sliced bibb lettuce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Chicken Pea Soup Instructions:
- Heat the bone broth in a medium saucepan, over medium heat.
- When it simmers, add the shredded cooked chicken and peas.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add shredded lettuce, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
As always, let me know how it turns out for you in the comments below!
It’s Not Your Fault You Feel The Way You Do!
Get my free ebook and learn why feeling crappy isn’t your fault. You will also receive regular emails from me with tips, advice, interviews, and recipes. Leave your name and email and I’ll send you a free copy.