Spring is officially here! I love this time of year. The air is still crisp in the morning and the flowers are starting to show us all their pretty colors. It’s still a good season for soup, and my French-inspired, chicken pea soup is super easy to make and uses delicate bibb lettuce as a finishing touch.
Chicken Pea Soup Ingredients:
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 large cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup organic frozen baby peas
- 1 cup sliced bibb lettuce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Chicken Pea Soup Instructions:
- Heat the bone broth in a medium saucepan, over medium heat.
- When it simmers, add the shredded cooked chicken and peas.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add shredded lettuce, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
As always, let me know how it turns out for you in the comments below!