Coconut Milk Eggnog
My oh my is it really that time of year again? Makes me want to snuggle up in front of my fireplace with the perfect glass of eggnog! Here’s how I make mine.
Coconut Milk Eggnog Ingredients:
- 8 pastured, raw, organic egg yolks (check out your local farmer’s market)
- 4 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons grade B maple syrup (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons ground vanilla beans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
Coconut Milk Eggnog Instructions:
- In a large saucepan add coconut milk and maple syrup over LOW HEAT.
- In your blender on low blend the egg yolks with the vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom.
- Pour approximately half the egg mixture in with your coconut mixture.
- Continuously stir over LOW HEAT.
- Add remaining egg mixture to saucepan.
- Continue stirring until the eggnog thickens slightly (enough to be able to coat the back of a spoon).
- Pour the eggnog into a large glass bowl or pitcher.
- Allow the eggnog to sit and cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate overnight.
- Prior to serving, sprinkle with nutmeg.
Enjoy and let me know how it turns out in the comments below!