My oh my is it really that time of year again? Makes me want to snuggle up in front of my fireplace with the perfect glass of eggnog! Here’s how I make mine.
Coconut Milk Eggnog Ingredients:
- 8 pastured, raw, organic egg yolks (check out your local farmer’s market)
- 4 cups full-fat coconut milk (or you can make your own here)
- 6 tablespoons grade B maple syrup (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons ground vanilla beans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
Coconut Milk Eggnog Instructions:
- In a large saucepan add coconut milk and maple syrup over LOW HEAT.
- In your blender on low blend the egg yolks with the vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom.
- Pour approximately half the egg mixture in with your coconut mixture.
- Continuously stir over LOW HEAT.
- Add remaining egg mixture to saucepan.
- Continue stirring until the eggnog thickens slightly (enough to be able to coat the back of a spoon).
- Pour the eggnog into a large glass bowl or pitcher.
- Allow the eggnog to sit and cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate overnight.
- Prior to serving, sprinkle with nutmeg.
Enjoy and let me know how it turns out in the comments below!