Understanding the complexities of the human microbiome can be overwhelming.
At its most simple, we can think of the microbiome as an ecosystem that consists of a collection of organisms including bacteria, viruses, fungus, and protozoa.
We often think there is a single ecosystem—or microbiome—found within our bodies, largely residing in the gut. But there are different versions of our microbiome found in different areas of the body.
The microbiome is a complex and miraculous set of systems that exist in our bodies and contributes to our health in innumerable ways that we’re now starting to really understand.
Today’s guest has been blessed with the wisdom and skill to explain the microbiome in a way that creates greater healing, understanding, and purpose.
I’m thrilled to welcome Kiran Krishnan to the show. Kiran is a Research Microbiologist and has been involved in the dietary supplement and nutrition market for the past 18 years. He comes from a University research background having spent several years with hands-on R&D in the fields of molecular medicine and microbiology at the University of Iowa.
Kiran is also a co-founder and partner in Nu Science Trading, LLC., a nutritional technology development and research company. Kiran is also a co-founder and Chief Scientific Officer at Microbiome Labs.
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- The magnificent intelligence that resides in our gut and how these systems that reside there are not accidental
- How we establish our microbiome and how they keep us happy and healthy
- The truth about most probiotics on the market today and the gut-brain connection
- Why breastfed babies have stronger immune systems
- The health implications of C-sections on babies