EP 38: The Truth About Gluten-Free Diets Part 2: The Gut Brain Connection with Dr. Tom O’Bryan
To this day, I get asked if gluten is problematic.
And I often get pushback from people who tell me that they have no reactivity to it and that their doctor or nutritionist doesn’t think it’s problematic.
But when they work with me and we dig deeper into their medical and family history, I see a wide variety of symptoms related to the gluten in their diets.
To make matters worse, gluten is often found in foods that wouldn’t normally contain gluten, but have been exposed to cross-contamination in how and where they are grown or in processing. This is especially true with oats!
Another scary fact is that glyphosate, the herbicide otherwise known as Roundup, is used as a desiccant to dry out oats and other gluten-free grains. Glyphosate is a common underlying cause of autoimmune disease.
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- How wheat and gluten create an immediate immune system response for all of us, even if you think you’re not reactive
- What the line of tolerance means for your gut
- How inflammation and dysbiosis in your gut impact your brain
- Why “gluten-free” on the menu or the label isn’t a guarantee
- Steps to take to transition to a grain-free diet
Today’s guest is a world leader on gluten sensitivity and inflammation.
Dr. Tom O’Bryan is the founder of theDr.com and his most recent book, You Can Fix Your Brain, **was received with global accolades.
When it comes to getting healthy, Dr. Tom’s goal for you is making it easy to do the right thing. As an internationally recognized, admired, and compassionate speaker, focusing on food sensitivities, environmental toxins, and the development of auto-immune diseases, Dr. Tom’s audiences discover that it is through a clear understanding of how you got to where you are that you and your doctor can figure out what it will take to get you well.
Learn more about Dr. Tom O’Bryan:
- Facebook: @TheDr.Com.English
- Instagram: @DrTomObryan
- Twitter: @TheDr_Com
- You Can Fix Your Brain: Just 1 Hour a Week to the Best Memory, Productivity, and Sleep You’ve Ever Had
- Get free access to the Brain Fog Elimination Plan