My Cassava Flour Gingersnaps are sure to please! And with the holidays upon us, it’s the perfect time to indulge in my gluten, grain, and dairy-free gingersnaps that are appropriate for all biotypes.
I’ve gotten such good feedback on my paleo cassava flour pumpkin bars that I’ve decided to continue with this most versatile flour this month too.
Makes approximately 24 cookies.
Paleo Cassava Flour Gingersnap Ingredients:
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup organic palm oil shortening
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar, plus extra for coating
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon molasses (a high copper food, but too small an amount to worry about)
Paleo Cassava Flour Gingersnap Instructions:
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together cassava flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, and allspice.
- Using a standing kitchen mixer (or handheld mixer with a large bowl), cream the shortening and coconut sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and blend again until smooth.
- Add the molasses and egg and blend again until creamy.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, a little bit at a time, blending after each addition of flour until the dough is well combined. It should be firm enough to roll into small balls.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll into small balls.
- Now roll the balls in a light coating of coconut sugar, if desired.
- Place the balls of dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spaced a few inches apart, with plenty of room for spreading (do not flatten balls).
- Bake on middle rack for 15 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Will keep for up to 1 month in the freezer in an airtight container.
Happy holidays! And be sure to let me know how they turn out for you in the comments below!
It’s Not Your Fault You Feel The Way You Do!
Get my free ebook and learn why feeling crappy isn’t your fault. You will also receive regular emails from me with tips, advice, interviews, and recipes. Leave your name and email and I’ll send you a free copy.