I don’t know about you but these stormy winter nights leave me craving hearty comfort food. I’ve been playing around in my kitchen, and I think my grain and dairy-free turkey zucchini bake is a real winner that’s sure to warm you up during these cold winter months.
Turkey Zucchini Bake Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or ghee
- 1 lb. ground organic turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, scrubbed and diced
- 1 cup sliced cabbage (green or Napa, not Savoy)
- 1 cup organic tomato sauce (glass jar, not canned)
Turkey Zucchini Bake Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil or ghee in a large frying pan over medium heat until it shimmers.
- Add the turkey and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain off any fat.
- Place the zucchini and cabbage in the bottom of a 9×9 baking pan.
- Top with turkey and sauce.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
Serve immediately and be sure to let me know how it turns out for you in the comments below!