These fritters are super fast and easy to make. Plus they taste delicious!
Makes 4 cakes.
Zucchini Fritters Ingredients:
- Large cheese grater or food processor with shred insert
- 4 small zucchini or 2 medium
- 3 pastured chicken eggs or 1 duck egg
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut flour (sub plantain flour if copper toxic)
- Coconut oil or ghee to coat the pan
- Large skillet
- Unrefined salt
Zucchini Fritters Instructions:
- Wash and trim the zucchini and grate or process.
- Set aside in a bowl for 10 minutes with a generous sprinkle of salt and toss.
- After 10 minutes squeeze the water out of the zucchini – you must do this or they won’t turn out right. An easy way to do this is to wrap in a dish towel and wring tightly or use a nut milk bag.
- In another bowl whisk eggs.
- Add a generous sprinkle of salt and the flour.
- Add dry zucchini to the bowl of eggs, salt, and flour mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with ghee or oil.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Spoon into skillet and cook until golden brown on each side.
I want to hear from you! Hit me up in the comments below and let me know how this recipe turned out for you.