These fritters are super fast and easy to make. Plus they taste delicious!
Makes 4 cakes.
Zucchini Fritters Ingredients:
- Large cheese grater or food processor with shred insert
- 4 small zucchini or 2 medium
- 3 pastured chicken eggs or 1 duck egg
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut flour (sub plantain flour if copper toxic)
- Coconut oil or ghee to coat the pan
- Large skillet
- Unrefined salt
Zucchini Fritters Instructions:
- Wash and trim the zucchini and grate or process.
- Set aside in a bowl for 10 minutes with a generous sprinkle of salt and toss.
- After 10 minutes squeeze the water out of the zucchini – you must do this or they won’t turn out right. An easy way to do this is to wrap in a dish towel and wring tightly or use a nut milk bag.
- In another bowl whisk eggs.
- Add a generous sprinkle of salt and the flour.
- Add dry zucchini to the bowl of eggs, salt, and flour mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with ghee or oil.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Spoon into skillet and cook until golden brown on each side.
I want to hear from you! Hit me up in the comments below and let me know how this recipe turned out for you.
4 thoughts on “Zucchini Fritters”
I’m a bit confused when I see many of these recipes with foods that are high histamine foods and was sure I needed to avoid these. Not sure yet if I’m high copper, but pretty sure over methylation and parrole disorder. Not sure yet what i can do as far as testing.
Histamine intolerance is not the same as undermethylation. Please don’t assume chemistry without proper testing as symptoms can be similar. Click here to schedule a complimentary session with me to see how I can help and get you properly tested.
I made these last night and loved them. I even love the way my house smells! I had them for dinner, and plan to have them for lunch again today! So tasty!!
I’m so glad you enjoyed them, Karen! Thanks for sharing your experience! 🙂