Easy Almond Butter Cups
I used to LOVE peanut butter cups so much I would plough through an entire bag of them in one sitting. After the sugar high wore off I’d sit in self-hatred, guilt and shame, and get really depressed.
Not exactly a fun place to be.
The good news is that you can banish the sugar blues with natural sweeteners mixed with healthy fats. And my easy almond butter cups provide the perfect balance of both.
This way, you can be good to your body and enjoy a little yummy sweetness too.
Easy Almond Butter Cups Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons organic coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tablespoons raw manuka honey
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- Almond butter (the sprouted varieties are more nutritious, but Artisana brand is good too)
- 6 cupcake papers
Easy Almond Butter Cups Instructions:
- Mix together the coconut oil, honey and cacao powder.
- Use half the cacao mixture to cover the bottoms of the cupcake papers.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Put a small spoonful of almond butter in each cupcake paper and cover with the remaining cacao mixture. Top with Maldon salt.
- Freeze 15 more minutes
Note: this recipe is not appropriate for copper toxic individuals.
Be sure to let me know how they turn out in the comments below!
1 thought on “Easy Almond Butter Cups”
Looks Good. And After Finding Out That Our Whole Family Has Differing Levels Of Undermethyllation, I am now very focused on learning the right approach to nutrition.
The Former Approach Was Dr. Fuhrmann’s: a leafy green salad every day- which made things get worse for us.