This is my take on Dr. Henry Bieler’s famous broth and the traditional potassium broth. This tonic is wonderful for restoring acid/alkaline balance and sodium/potassium balance to organs and glands. It is also wonderful for those under stress or suffering from stress-related conditions, and is an amazing rejuvenator when recovering from illness. Be sure to use organic produce.
“When toxemia is present, without symptoms of a specific disease, but with liver impairment, a short fast on vegetable broth or soup is a natural and efficient treatment that will relieve the liver of its congestion and restore it to normal function.”
Henry Bieler, MD, Food is Your Best Medicine
Nourishing Ultra Broth Ingredients:
- 3 medium squash (I like zucchini) chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley
- 4 potatoes (scrubbed well)
- 1 small sweet potato or yam (gives it a nice sweetness)
- 1 medium white onion
- 4 – 1 ½ inch slices of ginger (peeled and thinly sliced)
- ½ cup of sea weed: nori, dulse, wakame, kelp, or kombu
- 3 cloves garlic
- Unrefined salt to taste
Nourishing Ultra Broth Instructions:
- Peel potatoes. Place peelings along with remaining ingredients in a large stainless steel or ceramic stock pot (you can boil peeled potatoes with the broth and use them for another dish if you like).
- Cover with purified water (about 4 – 5 quarts)
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer covered for about an hour.
- Add parsley and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat, cool and strain into glass jars.
Drink as needed throughout the day and let me know how it goes in the comments below!
It’s Not Your Fault You Feel The Way You Do!
Get my free ebook and learn why feeling crappy isn’t your fault. You will also receive regular emails from me with tips, advice, interviews, and recipes. Leave your name and email and I’ll send you a free copy.