Grain-Free Cajun Celeriac Quiche
My Grain-Free Cajun Celeriac Quiche contains the “holy trinity” of Cajun cooking: onions and peppers but. But this slightly spicy quiche really lets the celeriac shine.
This month’s recipe is appropriate for both over and undermethylated individuals. It’s a myth that all green leafy vegetables are exceptionally high in folate, which I cover in my Low Folate Cookbook. If you are overloaded in copper, substitute the kale for arugula; another leafy green that is also appropriate for undermethylated persons.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Grain and Dairy-Free Cajun Celeriac Quiche Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup diced celeriac
- 2 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Grain and Dairy-Free Cajun Celeriac Quiche Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large oven-proof frying pan, heat the avocado oil over medium heat until it shimmers.
- Add the diced celeriac and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until they’re fluffy.
- Stir in the thyme, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Pour into the frying pan and cook until the eggs are slightly set, about 2 minutes.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until puffy and golden.
- Serve immediately.
May be frozen for up to 1 month. Allow to cool completely before freezing.
As always, be sure to let me know how it turns out for you in the comments below!
2 thoughts on “Grain-Free Cajun Celeriac Quiche”
Looks delish! If we hire you for a consult would you also recommend supplements to take? I hope so 🙂
Yes, I will be able to assist you with supplementation.