In the “holy trinity” of Cajun cooking, onions and peppers tend to hog the spotlight. But celery is the real star. And this slightly spicy quiche lets the celeriac shine.
This month’s recipe is appropriate for both over and undermethylated individuals. It’s a myth that all green leafy vegetables are exceptionally high in folate, but if you are overloaded in copper, substitute the kale for arugula; another leafy green that is also appropriate for undermethylated persons.
￼Prep Time: 10 minutes
Grain-Free Cajun Celeriac Quiche Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 cup diced celeriac
- 2 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Grain-Free Cajun Celeriac Quiche Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large oven-proof frying pan, heat the ghee over medium heat until it shimmers.
- Add the diced celeriac and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until they’re fluffy.
- Stir in the thyme, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Pour into the frying pan and cook until the eggs are slightly set, about 2 minutes.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until puffy and golden.
- Serve immediately.
May be frozen for up to 1 month. Allow to cool completely before freezing.
As always, be sure to let me know how it turns out for you in the comments below!