My Grain-Free Cajun Celeriac Quiche contains the “holy trinity” of Cajun cooking: onions and peppers but. But this slightly spicy quiche really lets the celeriac shine.
This month’s recipe is appropriate for both over and undermethylated individuals. It’s a myth that all green leafy vegetables are exceptionally high in folate, which I cover in my Low Folate Cookbook. If you are overloaded in copper, substitute the kale for arugula; another leafy green that is also appropriate for undermethylated persons.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Grain and Dairy-Free Cajun Celeriac Quiche Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup diced celeriac
- 2 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Grain and Dairy-Free Cajun Celeriac Quiche Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large oven-proof frying pan, heat the avocado oil over medium heat until it shimmers.
- Add the diced celeriac and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until they’re fluffy.
- Stir in the thyme, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Pour into the frying pan and cook until the eggs are slightly set, about 2 minutes.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until puffy and golden.
- Serve immediately.
May be frozen for up to 1 month. Allow to cool completely before freezing.
As always, be sure to let me know how it turns out for you in the comments below!
It’s Not Your Fault You Feel The Way You Do!
Get my free ebook and learn why feeling crappy isn’t your fault. You will also receive regular emails from me with tips, advice, interviews, and recipes. Leave your name and email and I’ll send you a free copy.