I really love a warm bowl of veggies when it’s cold outside. This recipe marries many of my favorite spices with a variety of vegetables while using healthy ghee for flavor and maximum absorption of nutrients.
Winter Vegetable Beef Curry Ingredients:
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons ghee
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tablespoon unrefined salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds grass-fed stew meat
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 10 ounces spinach (arugula or kale if undermethylated)
Winter Vegetable Beef Curry Instructions:
- In a large Dutch or pot, oven place sweet potato, eggplant, bell peppers, carrots, onion, and three tablespoons ghee. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan place 3 tablespoons ghee, garlic, curry powder, turmeric, cinnamon, salt and pepper and saute over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, brown the stew meat.
- Pour garlic and spice mixture into the Dutch oven with vegetables. Add the meat, zucchini, orange juice, almonds, and raisins.
- Simmer 20 minutes, covered.
- Add spinach or arugula to Dutch oven and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
As always, let me know how it turns out in the comments below!
It’s Not Your Fault You Feel The Way You Do!
Get my free ebook and learn why feeling crappy isn’t your fault. You will also receive regular emails from me with tips, advice, interviews, and recipes. Leave your name and email and I’ll send you a free copy.